Flowers That Gloze

Friday, July 07, 2006


In my experience, people don't tend to give They Might Be Giants enough respect. Admittedly, they are pure geek rawk, but all the people I know are geeks, so that can't be the problem. Suz and I watched the TMBG doc a couple of nights ago (Gigantic: A Tale of Two Johns). It was good and made me go back and listen to all the records I had stashed away. The "fingertips" cycle from Apollo 18 is probably my favorite thing they did. It predicted the Guided By Voices string-of-songs-that-are-really-just-the-chorus/hook thing, which I love. The doc also made me look into what they have been up to lately. This most recent set of streaming videos (Venue Songs), featuring the "PC-guy" from the Mac Ads as "The Deranged Millionaire," convinced me again that TMBG is a top-10 all-time rock band.